Update May 2020
Background & Support
Datara is a successful Consultancy formed in 2001 and incorporated in
Datara supports a range of Public and Private sector clients. In most cases our commissions and projects are secured by reputation and reference.
If you do have a requirement, but our website does not inform or inspire you, please
If we cannot directly help, we are confident that we have a network of trusted professionals that we can
Datara generally are employed on projects
that require a bespoke solution and a flexible approach to clients’ individual requirements.
Our services are focussed on the Property
sector with a bias towards Technical expertise and guidance. Over more recent years the activity has developed to provide a wider range of Process, Change management and Business management
services, using the benefits of an Engineering Approach and Background.
David is Dataras' seasoned Senior Consultant
with a high level of commercial and financial acumen and experience across a range of activity and sectors. David has a particular strength in identifying issues, their root causes and putting
in place pragmatic solutions, always seeking to add value.
Skills, Experience & Projects
The below identifies some of the activity and projects with which Datara has and does undertake:
- Reviews and recommendations of Facilities Management and Managing Agent contracts, including
strategy and Operational delivery of services to meet client requirements
- Procurement of FM service delivery that utilise best practise and best in class options so as to ensure that the most
appropriate strategies and delivery model(s) are used
- Strategic guidance, change management and process reviews -typically covering the activities from tender, through
contract award, mobilisation into BAU – Various clients including a recent strategic accounts review for a Tier 1 FM Service Provider
- Property Maintenance Compliance Reviews covering Technical (Hard) services from a Legislative and Best practise
perspective – Asset Management Pension fund
- Technical and contract interface between clients and service provider – enhancing working relationships leading to the
resolution of issues - developing strategic partnerships
- Writing of specification for Technical (Hard), Business support (Soft) and Managing Agent function and Project works
covering standard practise specifications and Client bespoke specification requirements. This extends to include the ‘unusual’, e.g. Refurbishment of Listed Seaplane
- Due diligence & PFI contract reviews, data analysis and reporting. Supporting tender
activity – various clients
- Technical guidance and advice for Property maintenance issues, acting as interface between client and legal team -
Dispute resolution relating to PFI - FM services activity
- Review, development and implementation of Business Continuity Strategy, Plans and control procedures for all
- Delivery of Training & Guidance of use and application of CIBSE Guide M and BESA SFG20 Property Maintenance
schedules and inter related topics
- Maintenance Strategy pre and post PC with diligence surveys and recommendations -
Residential 72 Apartment high end new build. Procurement of Landlord M&E services contract – Managing Agent client - on going
- Strategic direction and management of operational activity of Science Park leading to a
transformation from loss making to revenue generating. Achieving 115% occupancy, 200% increase in meeting room revenue, H&S and Planning S106 resolutions. Achieving 37%
reduction in cost. Long standing Public Sector client
- Managing Agent Treasury function including investigation, recovery of monies owed, corrections and apportionments of
service charge monies. Cost Management.
- Specifications and Business case justification to provide project funding to address
property under spend and ensure compliance.
- Investigations, research and reviews leading to strategic recommendations for Lifecycle replacements during remaining
term of PFI. SPV client
- Best in Class Asset Condition surveys and Asset Management Strategy
- Technical lead for Healthcare property activity – Good working knowledge of NHS Estates function and
- Programme and Project and Management
In the past Datara has provided support in the Engineering sector and in the
delivery of Turn Key projects - Please call for more details
- Programme and Project Management of the development of Deep Sub sea oil well research equipment resulting in a reduction in lead time
and an increase in revenue of £750K. Successfully managed concept design, design, resourcing, and management direction, as well as with the team Assembly and Testing to
- Design, Planning, Civils, Engineering and Electrical works for 650kVA Auxiliary Generator, 400kVA UPS, Electrical panels
(Maintained + Non Maintained), Cooling and Civils enclosure - Installation – Law firm.
Auxilliary Generators Available for Hire
- Datara owns and operates two 80kVA Auxiliary standby diesel generators - Available for hire
Professional qualifications &
- Chartered Engineer with IMechE and IET
- BEng Systems Engineering degree (2:1) Portsmouth University 1991
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Distinctions) Portsmouth University 1989
- Published contributor to CIBSE Engineering Management and Maintenance Guide M
- Contributor and part author various BSRIA guide: including Business Focussed Maintenance, Asset Data collection and
- Vice Chair - Instituition of Mechanical Engineers - Construction & Building Services Division
Supporting Clients and organisations with support and guidance for re-occupation during Covid 19
Presented on CIBSE Guide M and took part in the Managing Contractors presentation at the BIFM SW Training Day 15 September 2017 - Several other events on the Horizon.
Ashrae Young Engineer of the Year award with IMechE CBSD presentation - October 12, 2017.
2017 is proving to be a busy year, building upon the succes of 2016 with some significant on going commissions and activity.
During 2016 Datara commenced providing direct support to a Government department and have qualified to be on a Government framework.
2015 was also a significant year of activity for Datara where we were engaged to undertake some significant projects including All aspects of the design, supply and install of Electrical
power upgrade including upgrades to Electrical mains incoming panel, 350kVA UPS and a 650kVA auxillary diesel generator.
Activities that Datara provides support on include: